€ 55,00 / day
€ 30,00 / day
€ 55,00 / day
€ 90,00 / day
€ 55,00 / day
€ 55,00 / day
€ 90,00 / day
€ 55,00 / day
The town, despite its location in the province of Novara, falls within the Sesia Valley and is situated on the border with the province of Vercelli at an altitude of 322 meters above sea level. It is bordered to the north by the municipalities and Valduggia Borgosesia, to the east by Boca and Maggiora, with Prato Sesia south and west by the river and the town of Serravalle Sesia.
From Mount Fenera, which borders the area to the north, protecting it from cold currents of Mount Rose, branch out in a semicircle to the east of the foothills hills that surround the town and the villages in a green valley to the ends of Prato Sesia.
The written records date back to the threshold of Grignasco thousand years. The diploma of Emperor Otto III on May 7, 999 cites for the first time the name of Grignasco between the lands returned and confirmed to the bishop of Vercelli: "Cumulative confirmamus [...] Bornade et Grignasco Districto Vallis et Sicidae" and the documents Subsequent references are accurate to the castle. The first indication of Grignasco as a place of "church" of the diocese of Novara is June 26, 1132, contained in a bull of Pope Innocent II, who, among other things, lists "plebem Grin" and, in a document of 1151 shows the name one of the first officiating clergy, the "Marinus de diaconus Grignasco".
You can imagine an organization of the territory is characterized by a series of settlements, corresponding to the current fractions, scattered mainly in the plain, headed by the "parish" of St. Mary Bovagliano, while, as evidenced in a manuscript at the end of the eighteenth century, near the hill on which stood the castle were the "cellars Grignasco", a sort of small shelter more easily defended round which focused the subsequent housing developments .
The few ruins of the castle of S. Genesis are still visible and the ancient recipes you can capture the image through the streets Castle and Tower crossing the dense urban fabric of the town medieval. Subsequent documents attest that the territories of Grignasco and Ara were included in the broader Romagnano Marquis of that, from 1441 to 1550, belonged to various members of the family of Romagnano. During the sixteenth century, the Marquis was sold to other landowners and, in 1588, was bought by Count Giovanni Battista Serbelloni whose descendants held it until the ownership threshold of the nineteenth century.
The churches and frescoes found in them, testify to the vitality and the degree of civilization of the population: the events of the community are interwoven with those of its places of worship. The centuries XV, XVI and XVII are characterized by the construction and subsequent amp0liamenti the church of S. Maria delle Grazie, and the center of the oratory of S. Graziano, and the farms of the speakers as the chapel of San Antonio Negri and the hamlet of San Rocco Oratory in the homonymous village. During the eighteenth century it was restored to the ancient "church" of Bovagliano and ended the great enterprise of building the new parish church of a design by Bernardo Antonio Vittone. In those years Grignasco belonged to the Duchy of Milan under the domination of the Visconti and Sforza families first and then the Spanish and the beginning of the eighteenth century, passed among the possessions of the Savoy State. The gradual emancipation of the feudal system was manifested by a more active presence of the people in the political and administrative (as proved by the production of statutory year 1570 and 1608), and with the emergence of an increasingly influential middle class which, thanks to fortunes of some of its members emigrated to Rome, left significant traces of itself in the civil and religious history of the community.
The echoes of the revolutionary wave of the late eighteenth century also arose in Grignasco, evidenced by the erection of the Tree of Liberty Square Viotti, in front of the parish, but the restoration of the old regime they faded rapidly during the first thirty years of 'nineteenth century, almost to witness the changing political situation, Count Giovanni Battista Viotti financed and carried out a radical restructuring of the church, symbol of the community grignaschese.
Important works also in the house were realized in those years as the construction of the bridge over the river Riale near the church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (1827), paving the way for Riale (1836) and the layout of the premises of the Municipal of "Gesa vegia" (originally adapted to accommodate the Town Hall and then the first public schools (1839) that replaced the private institution linked to the names of Lorenzo and Giovanni Zanoli head.
From the urban point of view, having now reached the village the current Cacciamici Square (the center of the country), came the need to create new lines of development to connect the center with fractions low: in 1855 he realized the way Cesare Battisti to S. Rocco and Torchio. One of the most important political and administrative acts ful review of the ancient Order of Community who had governed the lives of grignaschesi for over two centuries.
Also in 1855, in civil attempted to establish a "Philharmonic Society" which did not obtain the necessary financial support, but in 1881 there arose the "Friendship Circle" which took the move, the Fanfare in 1893 and then in the Banda and Musical 1883 was born the "Circle Grignaschese" which began: the Workers' Association in 1886. In the field of devotional and religious in 1870 was celebrated the first centenary of the Consortium of the Immaculate in a ceremony so solemn that went down in history as the "swag". They organized the first carnival in 1895, appeared in the guise of Giuan Baceja.
Economic development and expansion of the country
The town expanded rapidly, and 1881-1882 is built around the road that currently connects the high hamlets of Sella, Carol, and Bertolotto Pianaccia: in those years Peter Iannetti returned from Rome, the community gave the first public fountains and wash-ch still bears his name. Besides the cultivation of the vine that spread further in the hills, emerged in the local crafts furniture: born of the late Baroque models, there was flourishing in the country with the opening of many shops that portartono the name of Grignasco beyond national boundaries.
The development, modernization and diversification of productive activities in the country, created the conditions for the decisive transition from agricultural to industrial. The arrival of the railroad in Grignasco Novara-Varallo (1884), linked to the name of the illustrious grignaschese Perazzi Constantine, and the construction of spinning wool "Children of Frederick Bozzalla" (1894) were the decisive moments of this transition, which also recorded social and cultural growth of the country and the future of the community grignaschese during the twentieth century.
Infrastructure and transport
Grignasco is placed along the road to Novara-Alagna, south of the town is divided continuing right through the center of the country and from Borgosesia, and Varallo Sesia Valley, and grafting on the left to the state highway 299 to Alagna.
The scenic route of the "Traversagna" leads through the villages and Sagliaschi Torchio, to the territory of Borgomanero and lakes Orta and Maggiore, 25 Km away both about. The exit of the Voltri-Sempione, Romagnano, is 7 km.
Bus services connect the village to the main towns and in the direction towards Novara Valsesia.
The railway line Novara-Varallo allows easy connections with Milan (Via Novara), with Turin (Romagnano Sesia) and the Valsesia (da Varallo).